Lead generation is an integral part of the job for loan officers to survive in the Mortgage Industry. It is also one of the most difficult tasks to maintain consistency of business. Lead generation and conversion are extremely competitive. According to Vendasta, the odds of lead qualification decrease by a whopping 80% if the response time goes above 5 minutes! So the chances of losing a good business opportunity is just a matter of minutes. In this blog, we discuss some useful lead generation tips for loan officers using mortgage innovation, and a few tried and tested methods from mortgage industry experts.
Image 1 - Decrease in Lead Qualification Image source - https://www.vendasta.com/blog/lead-response-time/
Here are our top tips for lead generation in the mortgage industry
1. ReferralsTo be at the top of your game in the mortgage industry, it is important to create networks. Many high-performing loan officers attribute their success to the business generated through referrals. There is no one source of referrals and it is necessary to diversify your contacts to ensure that you keep generating leads from various sources depending on the market conditions. For example, stock-brokers may be a valuable connection when the markets are performing at an all-time high. One of the most popular sources of referrals is real estate agents. They are on the field and know their local markets inside out. Connecting with real estate agents in a demanding market can be challenging. This is why your pitch must differentiate you from the rest of the crowd. Using customized messages that show information like analysis on their current listings, how you have helped to increase value for customers with other partners, or potential collaboration ideas are a few useful pitches that can be shared. Other referral sources for loan officers include financial advisors, estate planners, CPAs, and divorce attorneys. As you might’ve noticed, you should try to create networks with individuals who might not be directly linked to the mortgage industry but are an integral part of the financial handling of people. You can use platforms like LinkedIn to create networks or go for more traditional approaches like word-of-mouth.
2. Lead ManagementLet’s not forget the value of existing and past customers who can be great for recommending services to their contacts. If a loan officer delivers a great customer experience the chances of getting a referral increase. Usually, these referrals are personal contacts of the customer and have a high potential for lead conversion. Lead management goes a long way in keeping customers happy. Prompt responses from loan officers, meeting schedules, periodic status updates on their mortgage, and important information delivered through a preferred channel are all a part of an overall positive customer experience. Needless to say, keeping up with all these demands and rising customer expectations is not easy. Conventional methods of lead management are time-consuming and prone to errors. As a loan officer, you would realize that missing an appointment or accidentally calling a customer due to a faulty data entry is a blunder in the book of mortgage industry marketing. With mortgage innovation and intelligent technologies, mortgage CRM platforms have proved to be a game-changer. inflooens is the best mortgage CRM platform that is transforming the mortgage industry and has made lead management reliable and efficient.
3. MailersEmailing is one communication channel that has stood the test of time. Despite many ways of connecting with clients, email remains one of the most preferred modes without signs of slowing down. According to Statista, In 2019, 293.6 billion emails were sent and received every day and this is expected to rise to 347.3 billion by 2022. An increasing number of marketers are in favor of flyers and newsletters sent via email to networks. But it should be kept in mind that each email is interesting for the reader and offers some piece of information that would create some value. The frequency and design of the emails are also factors while considering email marketing. The last thing loan officers need is their mails being marked as junk. Again, a mortgage CRM platform can play a pivotal role in managing these emails sent to the right people at the right time. inflooens is a mortgage CRM that is a boon to the mortgage industry and takes care of email scheduling and automation.
Image 2 - Daily Emails sent worldwide Image source - https://www.oberlo.com/blog/email-marketing-statistics
4. Mortgage InnovationThe mortgage industry has seen a lot of mortgage innovation with technology. With rising customer expectations and increasing competition, technology has come to the rescue of loan officers and lenders looking for a viable solution to their CRM problems. The best mortgage CRM is the one that acts as a single source of truth for all your functions throughout the mortgage lifecycle. Mortgage CRM can help in driving traffic, mortgage process automation, and lead management. Mortgage innovation is in the leveraging of smart and emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, and predictive data analytics. This allows loan officers to maximize their lead generation efforts towards creating strategies and interacting with leads to generate business value and let repetitive tasks be handled by technology. From loan origination to closing the loan and beyond, mortgage innovation in mortgage CRM enables loan officers to provide a positive customer experience while streamlining their lead management process. This only furthers their business.
5. Use Digital PlatformsTechnology is in the palm of everyone’s hands and information at your fingertips. Social media and digital platforms have become a go-to source of any and every form of information. The mortgage industry is also following suit. As a loan officer, a digital marketing strategy is of utmost importance to make the most of your time and investment on these digital platforms The first thing that loan officers can do is generate content in the form of social media posts through your business profiles on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. A step further is search engine optimization where you can define keywords and strategically place them in your content to drive more traffic to your website and posts. SEO needs a detailed study of keywords trending in the market and deciding which ones can be best utilized for your particular market. A popular method to drive traffic with keywords is the use of blogs, case studies, and informative content that is interesting, current, and meaningful for the targeted readers. Compelling content has higher engagement and, as a result, more potential for lead generation.
Lead generation is essential for keeping your business alive. Loan officers need to invest in tactics that are the best fit for them and their market. But what stands out from the different tips that are offered is the use of mortgage CRM for lead generation and management. Lead prioritization, appointment scheduling, marketing outreach, personalized messages, and conversion analytics are vital for lead generation and management. This can be achieved by investing in a reliable and efficient mortgage CRM. inflooens is the best mortgage CRM that offers all these features and keeps you at the top of your game.